2. I signed up to tardis_bigbang as soon as I saw the sign up post. Prepare for lots of faily posts about me, well, failing at it. There will be Ten and Donna and NO EMO WHATSOEVER. I can't wait to forget about what happened in JE to Donna and just write them being them. Will obviously have Martha in too because I'm that predictable.
3. It is snowing. I don't like snow. I don't care how miserable that makes me sound because people who usually tell me now to be so bloody miserable don't have to walk to work. That will be no fun. Woes.
4. Being Human is on shortly. I can't believe how long it took me to work out where I'd seen the new Annie from (Gridlock). At least it distracted me from thinking about how she isn't Andrea Riseborough. I'm slowly getting over that fact.
2. GIP. Jack Dee wins at life.
3. I have just watched One regenerate into Two *sadface*. I am looking forward to Two, don't get me wrong, but One was brilliant. He giggled a lot, you see, I have a thing about gigglers I think.
4. Tony Parsons is breaking my heart; I both love him and hate him for being such a brilliant writer. My Favourite Wife is superb and it had me crying on the train home from work the other night. BASTARD.
5. I go watch more West Wing now.
I was also introduced to Ben and Polly via The War Machines, and are more awesome than me, you and pretty much everyone else ever. Yes, I realise I say this everytime I see a new companion, but still, he is cockney and loveable and she is posh and blonde and lovely. Plus, her wardrobe is awesome, as is her hair. I do not covet it as much as Jo's, but that is one fantastic fringe.
I haven't got much of One left to watch now, which is sad, as I love how he giggles at stuff and that. And his voice gets quite high-pitched too. Anyway, that will lead my on to Two and I haven't seen much of him yet so hooray. I hope I can get over my general dislike for recons soon. Eeep.
Am going to watch Friday's HIGNFY on iPlayer now as Mr Smith is presenting and my mum tells me he was fantabulous. It be Tom Baker time soon though. \o/
In conclusion, I need to get out more. Or, you know, not.
1. Watch Lost in Austen as the Mothership and my flist are telling me it is brilliant. I preferably want to do this before Wednesday when the last episode airs.
2. Finish watching Galaxy 4. I fear this may well be the most difficult as this is the second time I have attempted to watch this serial. Doesn't bode well for the umpteen recons that I have coming up on my Old School watchlist.
3. Work on my dw_femslash fic. It's going well so far, actually. I've just left it alone for a bit and it needs some attention.
4. Write a little something for doctorwho_100.
5. Finish reading The Eight Doctors. Yes, I totally failed at finishing this week. I'm afraid sleep happened on the train home today and not reading.
6. Begin reading New Moon. PROBLEM?
Erm, that's it I think.
On another telly related note, just how bad was Merlin last night? I saw the first 15 minutes or so but then had to leave. I mean, it had UNEXPECTED WHO CAST MEMBERS (and thanks to the anon meme, I realised that Merlin is actually Jethro from Midnight), but it really didn't save it. Maybe I shall watch it for the lols.
In terms of writing, I'm confident that this will be the first ficathon fic I've written that I wasn't working hard on the night before it's due (that's me jinxed that then). Should be finished soon which is good and I'm actually happy with it now and, unlike yesterday, I feel as though it doesn't totally suck. PROGRESS, I MAKES IT.
Sarah Jane is limping now so I must pay attention. *goes back to watching Who*
It's not that bad, actually, and I am surprised. Well, The Twin Dilemma was, um, there. Attack of the Cybermen is better because it is set in the best scrap yard in the whole entire universe and mentions Jamie and Zoe and Susan and Tegan (I think... I forget who now). Plus Peri is wearing a lot of pink and I like pink. The cybermen are lame
ETA: I should point out that I have seen The Mark of the Rani before, but how can I hate that when it has old school friends bitching at each other?
I also watched Pyramids of Mars today and I wish I had something coherent to say about it. It's perfection in four 25 minute slices really. My Ancient Eygpt kink was more than satisfied. I also think that my Grange Hill watching inner child is going to like any serial with Mr Bronson (Laurence Scarman) in it.
One day, I shall come back, yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
The First Doctor, 'The Dalek Invasion of Earth'.
I chose this quote because I watched this serial for the first time at the weekend and I just thought it was the saddest thing ever. Plus, I then watched that Doomsday vid thing with all the companions leaving and it makes me all emo and stuff. Wah. It's just such a lovely quote, though. Just the perfect grandfather type thing to say, I think.
Back to more first Doctor now; 'The Reign of Terror' is next.
Also, you shoud check out doyle_sb4's Classic Who Serial Love Meme and squee over your fave.
2. Froze my arse off. Twas very cold today.
3. Finally finished watching Robot. Not a particularly great first story for the 4th Doctor. In fact I lol'd at several places for all of the wrong reasons. Well, mainly the effects and hammy acting. And Miss. Winters' glasses. No one can be that evil in glasses like those, can they?
4. Found that you can play old Nintendo games on Facebook, so have been playing Super Mario 3. A LOT.
5. Watched Strictly Come Dancing. Don't like Gabby Logan already. In fact, I never have done.
6. ROBIN HOOD WAS AWESOME. ( Spoilers )
7. Squeeed at the advert I saw for Spooks. Adam Carter is love.
Snagged from snowgrouse and crazy_celbrian
Your Score: The Fourth Doctor
You scored 21% intelligence, 37% compassion, 45% sense of humor, and 31% weirdness!
Where you're concerned, priority one is having fun. You're not as absent-minded as you look, but you are pretty irresponsible. You would never, say, allow one of your companions to die in a space freighter explosion, but you might let him THINK he's about to die just before you go in and save him. (You know: for shits 'n' giggles.) Your turn-ons include yo-yo mastery, Harry Potter enthusiasts, jellied confections, and strong wine. Your turn-offs include imbeciles, falling rocks, quarries, and radio antennas. Chances are, you're a dog person.
|Link: The Which Doctor Who Are You? Test written by TottersLane on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test|
Ha! This is all so fucking true. 4th Doctor FTW!