Ask me anything: all types of fannish opinions, good, bad, and ugly. I'm screening all comments so ask me anything fannish-related and I'll answer (in a separate post) with complete honesty. Any TV show/book/movie that you're pretty sure I've mentioned in the past is fair game, as are thoughts on general themes and trends in fandom/fiction, lists of loved/hated characters, thoughts on ships, whatever. Comments are screened so you can ask whatever you want without being "revealed." If you don't care about being revealed you can let me know.
2. Watched Slumdog Millionaire. No spoilers, but I can tell y'all that it's worth all the hype it's been getting. It was very difficult to watch in some parts but in that weird way that makes you want to watch it again right away. So yes, go watch it!
3. (Deleted as obvious post was obvious and I need to stop getting so easily pissed off by people.)
2. Speaking of secrets, I submitted one to who_secrets which should hopefully be posted today. I shall give a pony to those who guess what one mine is. It really ain't that hard.
3. I caved and watched Demons. I didn't know that Ross Jenkins was in it. Now I have to watch the crack every week. There is no possible way I can take Philip Glenister seriously with that accent of his. LOL. Alex Drake's little girl was in it this week as well. Plus someone called Madge which was very funny. Only for me of course. Still. WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SHOW, GUYS?
4. I have an Inksome account now. If you have one and I haven't added you yet, give us a heads up.
5. I'm sure I had more to say. Hmm, maybe not. I go watch part two of The Moonbase now, yes.
ANYWAY, there is an actual reason for this update so I shall move on. Of course it involes me telling you how much I failed at fandom_stocking so I won't linger on that for too long, obviously. I did manage to fill elliptic_eye's stocking with a short Martha/Saxon ficlet which she seemed to enjoy so that's good. I left IOUs and I will try to do something else, I really will, as I was spoiled rotten with mine. Mine is here and I really was overwhelmed when I looked at it. netgirl_y2k wrote me some Handy/Martha which was win, as was the Clyde/Rani that doyle_sb4 wrote. YES, CLYDE/RANI. I was totally blown away by the Rose/Romana/Martha - the Femslash OT3 of choice - fanart what pimpmytardis did for me. I have never received fanart as a gift before like that and, wow, it's gorgeous. significantowl also left me some tunes which was wondeful too. And then strangers - STRANGERS - made me a icon and an IOU with the potential of a Ben/Polly fanmix which has me so giddy I can't even... *flails* Thank you so much, everyone. Really! ♥
Now, I have to get back to my very important task this weekend of devouring my West Wing dvds (yes, I caved and bought them. I'm holding all of you lot, plus the guy in my office who I smoke with, responsible for the sudden disappearance of £50 from my bank account), and trying to repay all you wonderful people in the form of (very belated) stocking fillers.
Oh, and whilst I'm here, have a fly-by pimp: new fic challenge at smith_n_jones. I so wanted to call it 'The Any Doctor but Ten/Martha Fic Challenge' but it probably wouldn't have fit on the banner.
This post was going to be a lot longer, but Buzzcocks has started and OMG it looks fab, so yeah, see ya!
Speaking of Telly land, I still have the last episode of Little Dorrit to watch and Never Mind the Buzzcocks for that matter. Not a bad to-do list for today, I'm sure you'll agree. At some point I might even think about what I plan to write for fandom_stocking and for whom. My stocking is here if you feel like giving me a little something.
1. List your top seven ships
2. Put all of them in order of your love for them; 7 to 1, 1 being your favorite.
3. Name their fandom.
4. Supply photos for said people.
5. Tag seven people: bzzinglikeneon, crazy_celebrian, evilgeniuslady, marah_sarie, radiantbaby, rosengirl and zauberer_sirin.
( Seven pictures of varying sizes and shapes (and quality) behind the cut. And no, there's no surprise that my top three are Who related. )
It's the belief that Rose is THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THE WORLD EVER AND THAT SHE JUST *HAS* TO RETURN TO CURE THE DOCTOR FROM HIS EMO PAIN that I fucking hate. Martha fen, on the other hand, simply want a little recognition of the character from the Doctor. I doubt that even Ten/Martha shippers (me inlcluded) want the happy ending that the Ten/Rose shippers crave. Mainly because they understand that such an ending is completley detrimental to the shows history. *sighs* I don't think there is much chance of these people 'seeing the light' as it were. I guess for me to find my Fandom Happy Place again (and I'd say I was about 90% there) I need to accept this and move on.
In fact, I actually feel sorry for some of the more hardcare sections of Rose fans who never gave Martha/Freema a chance in S3 and were determined to hate her no matter what. They could have gotten so much more out of the already awesome S3 than they did. More fool them, that's what I say.
2. ( Series 4 Speculation - ish )
3. LOL The TARDIS has had a new sunbed room fitted. Ten is such a fucking tart.
*backs away slowly from teh internetz*
Also, enough of the Rose/Master icons already.
ETA: I realise that I am probably slow on the uptake in terms of the whole RP shipping thing. But I like my semi-normal world just how it is, kthnx
It just feels like it has been a long time coming this week. I suppose it's cos I have just had two busy weekends and now I can relax.
I intend to spend my time at home and on my PC. Oh and I might try to start my fic for telling_a_story, but I still need a plot bunny :(
I'm clinging onto peeps on my flist who may be effected by it, but otherwise I am very 'meh' about the situation. Apart from when I am lol'ing at the wank this is causing. Cos that is very, very entertaining.
2. So, Martha will be in 5 episodes next year. I hoped for more but I expected less so this is quite good news. It is even better news as it has shut up a lot of the haters on the OG who were certain that she would be making a ‘guest appearance’ and that Freema was dropped cos she was rubbish. We all know this to be nonsense. It’s funny what tabloid fodder people choose to believe isn’t it?
3. Even though I hadn’t signed up, it’s a real shame that the latest Martha ficathon failed. I was looking forward to reading those. It also seems a shame that comms like T&C seem to hold these sorts of things on a weekly basis with no trouble at all. Come on Martha fandom, pull your socks up. I do hope that people post their fics regardless.
4. Speaking of fics, I has another plot bunny. Now it won’t be done until next week now (See point 5 for reason) but I was wandering if someone would mind having a look over it for me. By someone I mean ladymako71 *bats eyelashes* as it’s going to be a lot smuttier than I usually go so I think it needs an expert overview.
5. I’m going to Newquay for a few days tomorrow with some friends so I won’t be around until Monday. Try not to have too much fun without me ; )
6. Keep me posted wynterhawk. I need gossip. *clings to you*
OK. I'm officially bored. Having no money officially sucks. I even got round to uploading my new mood theme.
I am relying on fandom to keep me indoors whilst I save money for a really expensive August.
*prays someone posts some fic/discussion*
Hey, how's about the drabble tag we were talking about last week in the lifeonmartha chat?